Student announcement 10/9/2012
As you know, I have been trying to find a temporary place to hold classes until we find a new permanent location for our studio. Here's what I found....
Starting 10/12/12, we will hold kung fu and wushu classes on this modified schedule, at "Mirror Image Studios/BodyLife conditioning", located at 5432 California Ave SW in West Seattle, 98136, just a block north of our old studio space. (see below this for tai chi schedule and location)
Tuesday and Friday:
5 pm to 5:45 pm: Mighty Mites Kung Fu
6 to 7 pm Juniors Kung Fu
7 to 8 pm Adults Kung Fu
*Adults are welcome and encouraged to come to both Juniors and Adults for extra workout/training time
Sorry, no thursday hours are available due to the schedule of the studio owner.
12 pm to 2130 pm Tiny tigers (sorry, there are no earlier hours)
12;30 to 1;30 Wushu all levels both Advanced students and beginners welcome
3:30 to 5 pm Wushu All levels-- both Advanced students and beginners welcome
(Sorry, I cannot split the Wushu classes into "advanced" and "beginner". we will need to all work together until further notice)
I must ask your understanding in that we must take the studio owner's own class schedule into consideration. As much as I'd want to keep the exact days and times the same as you're used to, I cannot ask the studio owner to change her own established hours to accomodate my own hours.... it just wouldn't be polite. :)
Some guidelines for students, especially for kids:
1) All students and parents will be required to fill out another class authorization slip upon their first class at this temporary location. This form includes Mirror Image Studios/BodyLife conditioning on the waiver. Parents MUST come inside to fill out the authorization slip, I cannot send them home with your child. A child will not be able to do class until the form is my possession.
2) Tiny Tigers and mighty mites classes: We ask that parents remain on site during their child's class. If you must run an errand, please request that another on-site parent be the "responsible adult" for your child. Tiny tigers and might mites will NOT be allowed to roam the studio unattended (no hide n' seek or tag, etc), as there is photography equipment and studio sets on site. Running will not be allowed unless Sifu calls for it, and only then, running will only be allowed on the training floor.
3) Parents or authorized guardians of tiny tigers or mighty mites will accompany their child to the restroom if needed.You need not actually go inside the restroom with them, but rather to make sure that they don't wander around.
4) Tiny Tigers: Playing after classes will not be possible as we are renting by the hour, and there will be a class starting up immediately after Tiny Tigers class.
5) Your tution fees will still be remitted on or before the 15th of the month. By the way, If you haven't heard, we take credit cards now (just see me after a class to pay). We also can send you a paypal invoice so you can pay online if you request it. However, cash or check is fine as well.
TAI CHI CLASSES
We are looking at using Coach Ethan's Rec Room at his home temporarily, until we procure a new studio location. Email or call for location.
6:00-7:30 pm Chen Tai Chi All levels (includes beginners)
7:30-8:30 pm Yang Tai Chi All levels (includes beginners)
7:30 - 8:30 pm Yang Tai Chi All levels (includes beginners). Class led by assistant coaches.
6:00-7:30 pm Chen Tai Chi open practice
7:30-8:30 pm Tai Chi Weapons & Push hands, All levels (includes beginners)
*Note: Tai Chi weapons will be limited to sword and other short apparatus and push hands until we get a new studio location. Spear and other long weapons will not fit in the practice space, although we may still practice with short staves in lieu of long weapons
or my studio page on Facebook:
Sifu Restita DeJesus
Seattle Wushu Center
Recent Forum Posts
Recent Blog Entries
1831 views - 0 comments
1944 views - 0 comments