Seminars, Workshops & Speaking Engagements
Sifu Restita DeJesus is available for seminars/workshops. Contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. Her offered subjects include:
* "Mix it up: Fusing your fundamentals" : Get comfortable within the ranges of defense, regardless of style. Learn drills that can be customized to fitness level or experience level, and think outside the box.
* Tai Chi for any martial artist: Contrary to popular belief, Tai Chi is an applicable martial system with fighting principles. Learn how to apply these principles and concepts to your current art, and learn a refreshing Tai Chi short routine.
* Employing stick training to your repertoire: Eskrima type training for non Southeast Asian martial arts? You bet! Learn drills that will allow you to find the use of the stick in your Art's applications, both in long range and short range fighting applications.
* Using the bullwhip in sport Karate or Extreme Karate routines: The bullwhip is a dynamic tool and weapon that wakes up a tournament audience! Restita is the Head Coach of Seattle Snapdragons, a bullwhip artistry club, and can show you cracking methods and tricks you can employ in tournament forms, blending in certain Wushu dynamics, showmanship, etc. She will show you how to construct a simple functional whip from household items that you can customize to your liking to grab attention of the forms judges. "Bullwhips.... Not just for Cowboys anymore!"
* Youth/Teen motivational speaking: Connecting with youth since 1986, Restita uses an entertaining combination of humor, props, and stories to relate to the views, concerns, goals and dreams of youth and teens. Having presented for public schools in Seattle, Washington, her goal is to allow kids to think and realize their dreams on their own terms, and coaches kids on techniques to jump start their ideas, cope with stress, and contributing as positive community members.
About the Instructor
Ms. DeJesus has studied martial arts since 1978 beginning with Butokukan Karate. She holds instructor certifications and black belt rankings in: Doce Pares Eskrima, Filipino Martial Arts Academy (FMAA) curriculum, Kajukenbo-Chuan Fa (Faircloth's Method), Wun Hop Kuen Do, Eskrido, Pangamot, Chen Tai Chi, Yang Tai Chi, Wushu, and the Japanese archery art of Kyudo. Her other studies include the Japanese sword art of Iaido, and Baguazhang. She is also a Reiki Practitioner, Bullwhip coach and blowgun enthusiast.
Recent Forum Posts
Recent Blog Entries
1831 views - 0 comments
1944 views - 0 comments